Sunday, May 1, 2011

Video Communication


While watching the multimedia presentations I couldn’t help but think about our blog and how the videos also relate to modern communication.  Documenting by making videos is a form of communication for some people.  On facebook you can post videos of yourself on a friends wall, or in a message.  Video communication is growing in our generation and can sometimes be more expressive than having a normal conversation.  Artsy students and film majors spend their time editing videos and using photo shop to convey a message to an audience that will perfectly describe them.  Using bright colors can be interpreted as energetic or happy; whereas, blacks and grays can be interpreted as sad or depressing.  Expressing ones’ self through video and design can be therapeutic and allows others to get to know you in a different way.  While creating my multimedia video project, I chose songs from my itunes collection that I thought fit the mood of the video but was also a good representation of me.
I personally do not use videos to communicate with others or to say something about myself, but there are many people that post their videos online, onto youtube.  Youtube is a growing site where people can post whatever they want for others to see.  There are tons of home movies, music videos, funny blooper videos, sports high lights, and even some movie clips.  I look at videos on youtube when I am bored, or in need of a laugh.  We have looked at some of my favorite youtube videos in class, such as, Marcel the Shell with Shoes on.
I find that by picking my favorite videos someone could get a sense of the kind of person I am, or at the very least, my sense of humor.  By comparing favorite videos people are able to communicate with one another and find common interests.  Throughout the summer I will most likely post youtube videos that I find funny or interesting on my friends facebook walls as means of keeping in touch with them.  Modern communication takes many forms, whether written, audio, or visual and is transitioning to being mostly all online, on computers.

- Alexa Barach

No comments:

Post a Comment