Friday, April 8, 2011

Keeping Your Friends Close - D Heard

Friends Alllllll Over the Place
I'm not one hundred percent sure on how to start these but hello, this is Daniel Heard speaking.  I grew up in various places throughout the world and I made a friend or two.  For approximately ten years I continued to make friends and subsequently lose them every few years.  When I was thirteen we moved back to the wonderful United States of America.  I restarted my process and created a new group of friends.  After about a year of U.S.A living I came across what I though was the coolest thing of all time. AIM. I made my screen name and found a couple of my buddies from previous locations.  As excited as I was it was still limiting since I had no way to search for specific people.  About two years later I received an invitation to a new social network via e-mail. I created my user name and initiated an experience that changed my life in an unusual way.  About the time my junior year rolled around I started getting friend requests from people with what I considered unusual names.  I began to investigate and came to the thrilling realization that these were acquaintances from my previous homes.  Over the years I have compiled a large group of very culturally different people who are all interconnected in unusual ways.  I have met up with a large group of these friends once a year for the last 3 years and hopefully will continue to do this for as long as possible.  It's unbelievable what different forms of modern communication can do for us.  Without it I would be missing out on people that impacted my life for 10 years.  It's allowed me to keep in touch with my upbringing and the people that made it special and I'm always thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment